Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Things to Check Out

If you haven't done so already, I strongly advise you to check out a few of my links. There is an interesting discussion going on among pastors in this district, and I'm thankful that our District Superintendent, Buddy Rampey, is participating in the discussion with us. Wade and Scott are two pastors on this district, and you want to read their thoughts. To people in my congregation and my friends who read this blog, I want you to know that my heart is in this discussion. I want you to think about how we define success as a church. I want you to think about what constitutes a win for us. I want you to think about what God expects of us.

I've said many times from the pulpit that God is expecting big things from us. He's expecting hard things from us. He's going to make us all very uncomfortable as we step out on faith to become something different than we are today. He's going to make me uncomfortable as I lead you through this time. Over the course of our time together, we are going to change what it means to be a church and we are going to change what it means to be a leader.

Greenwood Wesleyan Church, I am so thankful to be your pastor. I see the seed that God has planted in us, and I'm excited to help it grow. I see the hunger that is starting to develop in your hearts. I see the light bulbs going off in many of your heads. I pray that as I teach you how we can become effective, that God will continue to grow you closer to Him. We're not going to reach our destination overnight. We're going to slowly, yet thoughtfully and deliberately institute change.
I believe that we can be all that God wants us to be. I encourage you to get involved in these discussions, contribute to these message boards, and allow God to show you what He has planned.

No comments: