Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's Sunday Morning, Do You Know Where Satan Is?

Well, if you're a pastor, chances are, he's knocking at your door.

I'm growing to hate the devil. I've always disliked him. I always find him when I don't want to see him. He's always bugged me on Sundays. There is a common myth that Satan is the ruler of hell. Satan is not the ruler of hell. When the last day has come, he's going to be just another being in eternal torment. I shed a tear for all of those who are going to be there. I jump for joy that Satan will be there. Be gone with ya, buddy. I won't miss you.

But he got the best of me this morning. Truth be told, it was my fault for giving in, but he got me. He always pays a visit on Sunday. This time, I answered the door. I was having some major computer issues at about 8:00. I couldn't print anything that I needed to print. It sounds like such a stupid thing to be angry about, but I was angry beyond belief. I threw something. I knocked over a trash can. I slammed the lid of my notebook computer. I screamed at my computer. Finally, my wife got in my face and told me that God was not going to bless the service. My response was, "I don't give a bleep." She told me she wasn't coming to church. I told her I didn't want her there.

You're saying to yourself, "That's horrible. This guy's a pastor." Yeah, it was horrible. I calmed down, apologized, and repented. We prayed before service and I confessed that I felt spiritually unprepared to preach. It was the only time I've truly felt that way. Satan set out to ruin our worship service. As a spiritual leader, it's my job to defend my people from this attack, and I failed. Then the guilt set in. Truth be told, the guilt is still there.

This post is very much a confession. I have sinned and I am sorry. I am sorry to my wife, my congregation, and to God. It was not godly, it was wrong, and I have sought and received forgiveness.

I asked my people to cover me in prayer during the service. God answered. Our service started slow but finished strong. It was a great time of worship. Satan, you failed. You will never win. Repentance kicks your tail every time. God forgives and you lose. You will always lose. As I rejoice in the grace that God has given me, your hide is being chapped for the fires of hell. Have fun with that. I actively pray for your demise.

But to everybody else, I write this post for several reasons. First of all, when you go to church, watch out for the devil. He is like a roaring lion looking to devour you. He'll try to get you when he can do the most damage. Prepare for his attack. Secondly, you need to know your pastor isn't perfect, whether you attend my church or not. You may be appalled at what I said. You should be. But even your spiritual leaders need grace. We're all on the same journey. I don't sin every day, but sometimes I get caught in a weak moment. Finally, Satan can try to wreck your worship service, but as long as you're repentant, he won't. Grace triumphs over sin every time. Ask for grace. Don't relish in sin. Should you choose grace, God will whip Satan's tail for you.

No comments: